We are a firm of accountants and tax advisors operating from our office in the centre of Exeter. We have been advising clients since 1955. We are proud to have worked with local business, families and individuals throughout our 60 years.
Although our team has grown in recent years, client care remains core to the services we deliver. As a firm we have tried to ensure that we continually work with our teams to ensure the best outcomes for team members and clients alike. We believe in a strong team culture.
Our tax team ensure the delivery of compliance tasks such as income tax returns, trust accounts & probate work as well as providing advice to clients. With a large array of clients ranging from high net worth individuals to medium sized companies, there is a good variety of work and challenges to deal with.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced tax professional to develop your career within our tax team. The role could include training for one or more of the tax qualifications with the opportunity to use those skills day to day in this varied role.
The Job Description
- Undertake annual tax compliance work to include the preparation of personal tax returns, trust tax returns and partnership tax returns.
- Managing the statutory deadlines for the tax compliance work and ensure work is completed to meet deadlines.
- Preparation of the year-end tax letters for the firm.
- Preparation of the annual P11D letters for the firm and assist with the preparation of the P11D forms.
- Undertake/assist with the compliance work for probate cases and estates to include preparation of PA1 form and IHT forms 205 and 400.
- Ensure work is being undertaken in the most efficient manner, being up to date with the most recent software developments and working methods.
- Provide ad hoc support to Directors and staff on more complex tax issues.
- Keep up to date with current tax legislation and inform Directors and key staff of any changes.
- Undertake any other tax work that arises from time to time.
- To oversee and maintain the firm’s tax database and workflow lists.
You will enjoy the challenge of working with a large variety of clients and the varied types of work those clients bring. You will be someone who wants to make a difference to the firm’s clients and to be part of the team.
Ideally you will have experience working in an accountancy practice or a specialist tax role which has provided you with experience of working with individuals & SME’s. An ATT/CTA qualification would be beneficial but not essential.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- 23 days holiday
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Leave 30 mins early before bank holidays
- Generous pension
- Death in service cover
- Study support for ATT/CTA/STEP
- Regular firm socials (recently including karting, gin tasting & farm walks/bbqs)
- Car parking
- Flexible working to be agreed
The above is dependent on experience & qualifications.