We are a firm of accountants and tax advisors operating from our office in the centre of Exeter. We have been advising clients since 1955. We are proud to have worked with local business, families and individuals throughout our 65 years.
This past year has seen significant changes to our working practices as with all businesses, a lot of our work is currently now conducted remotely.
Although our team has grown in recent years, client care remains core to the services we deliver. As a firm we have tried to ensure that we continually work with our teams to ensure the best outcomes for team members and clients alike. We believe in a strong team culture.
Our tax team ensures the clients’ needs are met in relation to their tax affairs which ranges from compliance needs to special advisory work to probate and trust work. With a large array of clients ranging from high net worth individuals to business owners, there is a good variety of work and challenges to deal with.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established firm and continue your career. We support all of our staff with ongoing CPD training each year and from day one you will be a valued member of the team.
The varied nature of our clients will mean that you will be constantly challenged and continually gaining valuable experience.
You will join our tax team which has a broad client base of high net worth individuals, business owners, trusts and estates. Your main role will be undertaking the preparation of tax returns for a mix of clients and assisting the tax manger with varied other tax work as it arises.
The Job Description
- To have a strong working knowledge of and undertake annual tax compliance work to include the preparation of personal tax returns. Knowledge of trust tax returns and partnership tax returns would be an advantage but are not essential as training can be provided.
- Under the direction of the tax manager to be aware of statutory deadlines for the tax compliance work and ensure work is completed to meet deadlines.
- Assist with the preparation of the year-end tax letters for the firm.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual P11D letters for the firm and assist with the preparation of the P11D forms.
- To assist with the compliance work for probate cases and estates to include preparation of PA1 form and IHT forms 205 and 400 under the guidance of the tax manager. Knowledge of probate is an advantage but is not essential as training can be provided.
- To ensure work is being undertaken in the most efficient manner, being up to date with the most recent software developments and working methods.
- Provide ad hoc support to the tax manager as the work arises.
- To undertake administration for the tax manager including new client on boarding and department billing.
- To have excellent client relationship skills and handle client queries in a positive and client focused manner.
You will have at least 3 years of experience in tax and have a strong working knowledge of tax return preparation and compliance.
Have attention to detail and a methodical working manner with an ability to prioritise work and communicate with the team and tax manager regarding workflow.
Ability to manage multiple deadlines, external and internal and have excellent client communication skills .
You will enjoy the challenge of working with a large variety of clients and the varied types of work those clients bring. You will be someone who wants to make a difference to the firm’s clients and to be part of the team.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- 23 days holiday (full time equivalent)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Leave 30 mins early before bank holidays
- Generous pension
- Death in service cover
- Regular firm socials (pre-covid included karting, gin tasting & farm walks/BBQs)
- Part-time time hours will be considered
- Flexible working and home working to be agreed
The above is dependent on experience & qualifications.
Apply by sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org