We are looking to recruit an experienced and well organised individual to join our growing Bookkeeping team at our central Exeter office working with an interesting mix of clients. This role will be part of a small but dynamic team helping our clients manage their day to day financial affairs.
What we need you to do
- Carry out weekly, monthly and quarterly bookkeeping for a portfolio of clients.
- Prepare & submit VAT returns for a range of clients under MTD.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data.
- Maintain CPD.
What we are looking for
- At least three years bookkeeping/accounting experience in industry or practice.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices essential.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations essential.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting computer applications essential.
- Knowledge of online packages such as Sage, Xero and QuickBooks essential.
- Experience of MTD implementation desirable.
You will need to:
- Explain why you are interested in a career with Bush & Co.
- Demonstrate that you are numerate and have good verbal & written communication skills.
- Present examples of how you can work with others in a close team under pressure.
- List your significant achievements and failures to date and explain why these experiences will be helpful in this role.
Full time and part hours considered.
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Up to 23 days annual leave
- Birthday day is given as holiday
- Flexible working
- Continuing professional development training and support
- Life assurance scheme
- Generous pension scheme