We are a firm of accountants and tax advisors operating from our office in the centre of Exeter. We have been advising clients since 1955. We are proud to have worked with local business, families and individuals throughout our 60 years.
Although our team has grown in recent years, client care remains core to the services we deliver. As a firm we have tried to ensure that we continually work with our teams to ensure the best outcomes for team members and clients alike. We believe in a strong team culture.
Our accounts teams ensure the clients’ needs are met in relation to their accounts and tax returns. These range from sole traders to medium sized group accounts & include both income tax as well as corporation tax. With a large array of clients ranging from high net worth individuals to medium sized companies, there is a good variety of work and challenges to deal with.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established firm and begin your accountancy career. You’ll receive training throughout your study contract & beyond and from day one you will be a valued member of the team.
The varied nature of our clients will mean that you will be constantly challenged and continually gaining valuable experience.
The Job Description
- Preparation of unincorporated & company accounts
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Draw up financial reports
- Assist with year-end closings
- Prepare tax computations and returns
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
- Review and process expense reports
- Assist with preparation and co-ordination of the audit process
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
You will have a strong academic history, this will be demonstrated by having at least 100 UCAS points at A-Level (or equivalent).
The ability to be to self motivated towards your studies is important and is demonstrated by your research into the accountancy profession.
You will enjoy the challenge of working with a large variety of clients and the varied types of work those clients bring. You will be someone who wants to make a difference to the firm’s clients and to be part of the team.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- 20 days holiday (increases on qualification)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Leave 30 mins early before bank holidays
- Generous pension
- Death in service cover
- Study support for AAT/ACCA/ACA
- Regular firm socials (recently including karting, gin tasting & farm walks/bbqs)
- Flexible working to be agreed
The above is dependent on experience & qualifications.